The DZA has the legal status of a (nonprofit) registered association. Members are gerontologists and geriatricians as well as representatives of the funding institution, the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend).
The advisory board consists of scientists from different disciplines in the behavioural and social sciences.
Members of the DZA e.V.
Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
- Andreas Schulze (Chairperson)
- Johanna Kotschi
- Dr. Sven-Olaf Obst
- Dr. Anneli Rüling
- Prof. Dr. Adelheid Kuhlmey, Institute of Medical Sociology and Rehabilitation Science at the Charité
- Dr. Gabriele Müller-List, German National Association of Senior Citizens' Organisations, BAGSO (Member of the board)
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Wahl, Institute of Psychology at the Universität Heidelberg (Member of the board)
- Dr. Susanne Blancke, Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Dr. Klaus Heider, Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
- Dr. Markus Mempel, Deutscher Landkreistag
Members of the Scientific Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Martina Brandt, Universität Dortmund (Deputy Chairperson)
- Prof. Dr. Alexandra Freund, Universität Zürich (Chairperson)
- Prof. Dr. Peter Haan, DIW Berlin und Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Ute Klammer, Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Meyer, Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale)
- Prof. Dr. Heinz Rothgang, Universität Bremen