The DZA has the legal status of a (nonprofit) registered association. Members are gerontologists and geriatricians as well as representatives of the funding institution, the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend).
The advisory board consists of scientists from different disciplines in the behavioural and social sciences.
Members of the DZA e.V.
Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
- N.N. (Chairperson of the board)
- Dr. Gabriele Müller-List, Bonn (Member of the board)
- Dr. Sven-Olaf Obst, Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Wahl, Universität Heidelberg (Member of the board)
- Prof. Dr. Adelheid Kuhlmey, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Members of the Scientific Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Martina Brandt, Universität Dortmund (Deputy Chairperson)
- Prof. Dr. Alexandra Freund, Universität Zürich (Chairperson)
- Prof. Dr. Peter Haan, DIW Berlin und Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Ute Klammer, Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Meyer, Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale)
- Prof. Dr. Heinz Rothgang, Universität Bremen