Research Cooperation "Intergenerational Transfers and Provision for Old Age - Developments and Trends among Women and Men with Various Social Background"
In this research project, we analyse the effects of gifts and inheritances on social inequality, the gender specific effects and the future trends in intergenerational transfers in relation to the provision for old age. The German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP) provides information on gifts and inheritances which are received by individuals and households.
- Forschungsnetzwerk Alterssicherung (FNA) der Deutschen Rentenversicherung Bund
- December 2019 to November 2020
- Prof. Dr. Harald Künemund (PI)
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Fachinger (PI)
- Kira Baresel (Researcher)
Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW)
- Dr. Markus Grabka (PI)
- Christoph Halbmeier (Researcher)
- Dr. Claudia Vogel (PI)